What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Sunday 20 November 2011

Taking on the undead with nothing more than a couple of out of ammo shotguns and a Cross!!

Maya and I decided to have a game of Last Night on Earth; in a hope that I could learn more of the rules and so that Maya could learn a new game and have some experience of the rules if we played more than two players.

Maya played as the Heroes whilst I played was the Zombies. Things went well initially for Maya, but then her Heroes started to get caught in one fight after another; and I unfortunately missed one crucial rule...that if a Hero fights off a Zombie, which they normally do, they can then run off next turn. Oops.  I thought it was a little hard for the Heroes to win, especially as more and more zombies ended up in a square; seeing as you need to throw a double to kill a zombie. Hmmm. And I wasn't even using the zombie cards against her!! One hero then went down. So did another. Then a 3rd. This left the vicar. Who went on a mad dash, occasionally bashing a zombie. But eventually she ran out of turns and it was game over!

Mayas opinion of the game so far - before I realised Heros can run away from combat  - oops

Run Vicar! Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment