What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Monday 6 February 2012

Memoir '44 on Steam - a three game try out

Tonight I had a try out of the Steam platform Memoir'44 Online game - basically it is /memoir '44 the board game online - complete with achievements and the ability to play against others online. It's pretty cool, with everything you need to play - the graphics are pretty good; the imagery is the same as the actual game itself. Firstly I played against a Dutch player as British then Germans on a scenario based around the Arnhem Bridge then as the Russians vs the Germans at Stalingrad against a US player. I have to admit its very good - although I don't like the fact that the dice are not thrown from your own hand (impossible in a computer game I know) but there you go. The only major downside I can think of is the fact you have to pay to play by buying War Gold in batches which you then spend in 2/3/4's to play certain maps and scenarios. The better the map/scenario the more you pay. Don't like this idea at all, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment