What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Sunday 18 December 2011

Ticket to Ride: India - I win!! 7 Wonders.... I win again!!

Today we had our first go at Ticket to Ride India - again another map only boxset with tickets, so so all the plastic trains and cards have to come from TtR USA or Europe. We opted for USA today and found the mini versions of the cards slightly easier to hold. Down to the game, we found that the links between cities were as convoluted as the rail system in India itself according to Anita! Lots of 2-score tracks were being made and the score between us stayed very the same, with neither getting the edge over the other. There was also a new score system in that if a ticketed set of cities could be connected in two directions, then there was a bonus score.

Suddenly Anita was asking for three new tickets - from which she can take all three, but must take at least one!! I still had to complete all of my starting three! Luckily she only took one - phew still time to complete that cross India route to the eastern border! Just as I completed my final ticket, Anita asked for another three! Again I was lucky in that she only took one.

Finally, I triggered the End Game - if one player ends up with 3 or less plastic trains, there is one more round and then game over. Nice and simple. Then we counted through my tickets and mine were mostly high numbers or 10's or 13. Poor Anita got only 8's, 5's, 6's etc. So even though she had completed a lot of tickets, she wasn't making a lot of ground - my final count was just over 100 and her ticket count started in the 60's. Unfortunately Anita couldn't make the last ticket and lost points - even though she won the longest continuous route.

Game start
Game end! I win!
The ticket too far - loosing Anita 9 points! 
Then we all had a go at 7 Wonders - the staple family favourite! Anita had the Statue of Zeus, Roshni the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Maya the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Kavita the Pyramids and I had the Colossus of Rhodes. It was a good, quick game tonight - with quick decisions and card placing. Eventually the scores were Maya - 21, Anita - 36, Roshni - 38, Kavita - 54 and me - 57! Yay double win!

7 Wonders in progress, on my way to my win - helped by the strong military presence! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete