What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Sunday 27 November 2011

Guurrrr! Zombies win again!

I'd been bugging Maya to play Last Night on Earth again - and finally we set up again, she wanted to get back at me for losing the last time we played. We swapped sides this time around, I played the Heroes with Johnny the Quarterback, Jenny the Farmers Daughter, Sally and Jake Cartwright the drifter and Maya played the zombies. I had a few ideas how to play with the Kill the zombies scenario - somehow I had to kill 15 zombies! And it almost worked, I had some decent tools and weapons and I was picking off a few, especially with the shotgun, until it ran out of ammo. Urk! It then turned into a slog - unfortunately first down went Johnny under a pile of zombies then Jenny. Jake got trapped in the Hanger and Sally was blasting zombies with a pistol in the hospital; it was a race against time, with only a few turns left, I had to take out 4 zombies. A pistol shot to the head took out one; Jake took out another; but then I ran out of time!! Zombies win again ahgahgah! Great game - next time Roshni wants to join in with the fun so we'll try it next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment