What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Batavia Arrives!

Several months ago, the Works, the discount book shop, started selling several Queens games and Rio Grande at rock bottom (£7.99) prices... unfortunately I couldn't find all of the games I was after; but I managed to find three for Nigel Wood - and Nigel Heathers found a copy of Utopia for me - but the main one I was after was Batavia. And luckily someone on 'geek was nice enough to contact me to say they had a spare copy and would sell it to me at cost price plus postage. As the game was out of stock on line forever and trying to find it in a shop was costing a lot in petrol and parking fees, I said yes. It turned up yesterday and I'm just about to open the box to see how good it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment