What's this blog all about?

"Board games? You play board games?" I hear you say... yes, but not unlike any board games you've probably ever heard of. Monopoly? Cluedo? Guess Who? Battleships? No, not by a long shot. One day someone introduced me to a great little game called "Carcassonne" - named after a French medieval town of rambling streets, walls and sections - where the aim is to score the most points using little random squares of road, walls and cities.
I was hooked and so began my, then our - the Bradshaw Tribe, adventure into Euro- and Ameritrash- gaming...

Monday 24 January 2011

Confirmed - we're going to buy Pandemic because it CAN support 5 players!

Whilst looking into Isla Dorada, I also looked up on boardgamegeek about Pandemic, a game I'd heard a lot about and featured in the top 10 Family Board Games. At first I was put off by the idea behind the game - up to 4 players working together to fight world wide disease; sounded lovely. But the more I researched into it, the more I was intrigued. Plus Anita liked the idea of a new style of game where we worked together rather than competitively. Unfortunately it is only a 4 player game - the age range is perfect for us as is the time limit, but it is 2~4 players, with each player taking one of 5 roles, ie one left over. There remained an ambiguity that no one says you cant play 5 players as there is sufficient roles. House rules on 'geek indicate this also. It might make it easier to play against the diseases, but there you go. Also if we like it enough, there is also an add on containing new rules and an official 5 player set of rules.

A bit more research and a question or two on 'geek made my mind up - we'll research Dorada a bit more (because it is so new, with the aim to getting it if it lives up to its reputation), but for now we'll get Pandemic. I had a look on the top ten family games on 'geek - we own 8 of them!! The others being Stone Age which is apparently a Must play but it's 4 players only - and a game called Crokinole which looks like it has play based around marbles and it was invented in 1867, so that's a no then lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment